Friday, July 18, 2014

A Ghost ?

At the top of the Adderley Locks and past bridge 66 we entered Brownhills Wood. It was so thick the suns rays found their way past the branches producing an eerie feel. It felt cooler in the shade. A lonely fisherman sat quietly on the towpath.

Ann and Molly walked passed the fisherman who spoke but she did not hear the words. Somebody was cutting the grass using a noisy machine dressed in a protective mask and goggles so all you could see was his glowing eyes in the dark woods.

Which one of them was the ghost that is known to haunt these woods I wondered?

As I passed the fisherman slowly in my narrowboat I asked him if he had ever seen the ghost. I heard his reply as the grass cutter had passed on. "It is too noisy for ghosts" he said.

There are many stories of ghosts that haunt the waterways.  Based on the tragedies that the boating families endured in the past.

No comments: